Tel: +971 65 06 25 55
Civil Registration Systems
The Civil Registry System (CRS) replaces manual processes of the civil registration and creates a central national database for births and deaths registration. The system may be integrated with high-level national databases to facilitate checks in a real-time mode.
- online processing of civil registry documents;
- issuance of births and deaths certificates and fees assessment;
- records searches for registered births and deaths;
- vital statistics and demographic reports;
- integration with high-level systems.
- Improves services to citizens with reduced transaction/delivery time and cost;
- organizes, manages and maintains a complete and accurate database of civil registry documents and information;
- helps avoid misplaced or missing documents;
- provides instant record retrieval.
Benefits to states:
- governance as it forms the basis for the development, implementation and monitoring of government policies, programmes, and services.
- reliable data on population size and distribution at all levels, on trends in fertility, and on patterns and causes of mortality, providing data for targeting resources across public and business sectors.
- efficiency and effectiveness as it will pay for itself many times over by improving the targeting of services and increasing the efficiency of resource allocation.
- human rights by providing individuals with proof of identity from birth, by realizing their social, economic and human rights, by improving the efficiency and fairness of the justice system and by helping to avoid identity fraud.
- gender as marriage and divorce registration contribute to women’s ability to inherit property, and to registering girls at birth and recording their marriages to help prevent early and forced marriage.
- health providing reliable vital statistics, highlighting emerging health threats and high risk groups, and tracking health progress and the health status of population at national and sub-national levels.
- legal status providing individuals with the legal documentation and proof of identity necessary to bring them into the modern economy and access inheritance rights and obtain passports, open bank accounts, get driving licenses and facilitates access to services such as health care, education and social security.