IIG is a trusted security printing provider and adviser to governments, ministries, state agencies in the area of advanced technologies for manufacture of passports and other official ID documents.
With the creation of a new e-Passport, we offer governments the following:
- implementation of the programs of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO);
- upgrade of the machine-readable travel documents to a globally interoperable biometric passport
- multi-layered passport security based on balanced set of features, materials, and techniques for design and manufacture
- range of secure personalization techniques
- efficient and reliable identification of citizens along with the security in international travel
- compliance with the international standards
- potential for further development of the identification system.
IIG covers the entire value chain for passports, from secure design right through to the personalization:
- passport design as part of a multi-layered security approach to guarantee maximum security of personal data and attractiveness
- security printing of paper pages to meet the highest security and quality standards
- counterfeit-proof and durable data page made of laser-engravable polycarbonate of 45 μm thickness or less, with a range of security features, integrated into a passport booklet
- integrated optical security features comprise a demetallized semitransparent hologram embedded into a data page
- laser engraving and perforating technique to apply personal information of owner into a data page in a faster and automated manner
- contactless chip to ensure a globally interoperable biometric passport.